Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet access continually dropping

LouiseS85
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've worked from home for 14 months with no issue using a Netgear Aircard mobile hotspot, but in the last three weeks my internet access drops every 10 minutes, reconnects and drops again. 3 long calls to Vodafone's technical helpdesk provided no explanation or resolution - other than taking the sim card out and putting it back again, which achieved nothing. I have the same issue with my phone, so it's clearly not the device. I'm paying for a service I'm not getting and my work colleagues are losing patience with me. What do I have to do to get consistent access back?

6 REPLIES 6

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LouiseS85! I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your connection. The SIM card will be running off of our Mobile Network; you're able to check for maintenance or downtime any time on our Network Status Checker. Alternatively, please complete this Network template and post a completed response to this thread, we'd be happy to continue investigating with you 🙂 

I do not like these standard answers. Something is clearly wrong with Vodafone service as I am paying much for nothing. Yesterday I spent almost an hour supposedly chatting with your Tech people going through every step, only for the issue of not getting data reception and no internet whatsoever. I supposedly also have Vodafone broadband on my tablet that came with the phone but both devices are next to useless.

I will definitely not be staying with Vodafone once my contract expires, your service has been absolute not worth a pound even! I should be asking for my money back because I have not received goods paid for in terms of service.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for confirming all of that @LouiseS85 - I've checked your postcode and everything looks good. Since you've said it happens on both yours and your husbands devices (is you husband also on our network?) that would go to show that it's a network issue.

So that we can get this raised to our network team, could you drop us a DM on social media please? Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread so that you don't have to repeat yourself and your postcode. We'd also need to confirm that the issue doesn't happen elsewhere and how far you have to travel to gain better service. So, when you get the chance, if you could see how far you have to travel for better signal, that'd really help with our investigations.

Hi @Godsbaby123 - I'm disappointed to hear you feel this way, and I appreciate how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. If you could help us by completing our initial network checks, we can look further into this for you. 

Thanks Evie, but not sure I follow your reques: I'm not on Social Media, so I can't "drop you a DM". As I'm a paying customer - £50 a month for both devices - I would expect you are polite enough to have a real person contact me directly rather than a BOT? Also I'm not sure what you mean by travelling, I work full time and can't just leave my desk, get in the car and stop every 5 miles just to check the signal. 

I've already had more than two weeks of extremely poor service. Is there another way we can discuss this and sort out the issue?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

To raise this to our network team, we would require some contact information and screenshots (speed tests etc.) which is best sent over social media. You can contact us via a friend or families social media account or create an anonymous Twitter account which is as easy to delete as it is to set up.

We have agents working our social media channels 24/7. When you first drop us a message you will greeted by our BOT, but if you select 'Get Started' then 'Asked to DM' you'll get through to us 😊

Sorry for any confusion caused @LouiseS85 - One of the checks we need to carry out before raising this to our network team would be to see how far you have to travel to regain full service. 

Post Title: OX9 - Thame

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, it happens in one location. I am working from home, so I can’t travel to test the service.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

Postcode is on profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, it occurs on all devices and SIM cards – my mobile hotspot, my phone and my husband’s phone.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Internet connection is lost. Can’t access the internet or my employer’s VPN.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

1 June 2021 – I have called your helpdesk 3 times since then and there has been no improvement.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

The early morning is generally OK and then it cuts off around 11.30am.