Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues connecting to StackOverflow

dirkandthemac
2: Seeker

Why cant I connect to the StackOverflow.com website using the mobile wifi broadband. The site itself is functioning correctly but cannot be accessed when using my mobile wifi as internet connectivity. Its not a browser issue as I can connect if I drop back to my home based crappy BT broadband box

25 REPLIES 25

cz

I am having the exact same issue since yesterday morning, get the below message. Have tried everything from resetting the modem, terminal command, restarting computer... it is the same problem on all browsers. Can only connect to stackoverflow on my phone with 4G. Hope this can be fixed soon??

This site can’t be reached

stackoverflow.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

tomsk8282

In SE London - unable to connect to stackoverflow.com for two days now. Just moved into this flat with Vodafone internet, and never had a problem with any other ISP like this before. Not the best start! Just tweeted VodafoneUK to see when it's likely to be fixed. I'm an app developer and spend a lot of time on stack overflow every day, so this has slowed me right down. Really not happy!

Seems they are trying to build a big community of angry developers here :D,
I got a call from Vodafone today regarding my problem, which I missed! then I tried to call the number that I've been given and they played a full album of Amy Winehouse for me as of a present for my patient which was lovely, but then they dropped the call without solving my issue.

I NEEEEDDDDDD MMYYYY Stackoverflow!

fairholmed
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just replying as I'm having the same problem and wanted to add to this thread.   

Where is a Vodafone representative on this thread? 

Why hasn't there been any communication by Vodafone? 

Why is this taking so long to fix?

I was promised a call this morning and haven't heard anything. Shocking service.

They said they'll only do something if enough people complain - 0333 304 0191!

Hi tomsk8282,

This has been raised with Vodafone by an employee at StackOverflow as seen on twitter here. I believe they're now looking into the issue although taking their time.

It has also been raised by many annoyed Vodafone customers, mostly developers it seems, myself included.

As a quick solution I've taken to pasting StackOverflow URIs into a web based proxy, not a solution but a short term fix which I hope is a little help.

I've done this 

alan01252_0-1602772413858.png

More times than I care to admit since switching providers

Alas the remedy ticket created has been marked as resolved it would appear?

alan01252_0-1602776224629.png

Reopening...

My problem with Stackoverflow solved, but now I can't open twitter!