Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Query about R219 mobile device being used abroad - data limit

Axotyl
2: Seeker

I have a R219 Mobile WiFi device on a monthly unlimited data plan.

Having got myself to Greece, I've now been cut-off and told that the download limit abroad is 25Gb. 

That was never mentioned when I signed up.

Has anyone else had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Axotyl 

If you had agreed the contract through telesales the Terms and Conditions would have been read out to you.  If online you would have been expected to read the Terms before making the agreement and proceeding.

The Terms are on on this link  and as you can see with the unlimited plans roaming in a EU destintion is capped at 25GB per month.  

Thanks, AnnS - that's very helpful.

Is 'roaming' specifically outside the UK?   Is that how it's defined?

Axotyl

This message deleted

I've had a R219 Mobile Broadband for just a month, on a Pay-As-You-Go contract, in addition to an iPhone, also on Pay-As-You-Go.

Both devices show on My Vodafone account, but the usage link on the R219 doesn't function; the iPhone does. 

I received a text message from Vodafone warning about fair usage that I'd apparently used 325Gb on the R219, which seems unlikely. 325Gb data is a lot, and I can't see how I could possibly use that amount.

I then went to Greece (I'm based in the UK) and was told, after a week, that I'd gone over 25Gb (the limit overseas), and it was cut-off. 25Gb to watch one Netflix movie is just impossible, surely?

Yesterday I spent well over 2 hours (nearly 3) attempting to make the Chat Support person understand my problem, and offer a solution, or at least, let me view my usage on My Vodafone. I went through 3 support people, and just didn't  get anywhere with (a) explaining my problem and (b) requesting a solution.

Is there any way of contacting Support without hours of waiting and not having to tap my messages via SMS. There has to be another way?