cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow speeds for 3 months on Mifi Unlimited (Contacted Vodafone maybe 20 times)

bissto
1: Seeker

So I guess this is my last resort, So I signed up in February to Mobile Broadband Unlimited on Mifi (12-month contract), first month was amazing, steady speeds around 80MB was good, then march came and my speeds dropped to around 23ish, didn't bother me much, it was still way above my landline speeds, then slowly it went down to 3 or 4MB and struggled to load even text.

So in April, I contacted Vodafone they sent me 3 new sims and a new MiFi box, tried all variations, All the same speeds around 3-4MB max download, contacted them around 20 times more ever after, each time they keep telling me its a local area fault, which I know is a lie as my housemate who is also on Vodafone gets 80-100MB on his mobile phone.

I contacted Vodafone again asking for early termination of my contract and didn't think I should pay for that as I have horrifically slow speeds, they refused, demanded I pay £200+ to cancel, I even got swore at on the phone when I tried to explain to them how unfair this is.

So I don't know what to do now, Is my only option legal action of some sort? I am paying all this money each month and have terrible service.

I have tried multiple upon multiple fixes suggested by many Vodafone staff including changing my sim 3 times and MiFi box 2 times, changing many settings, tests on multiple devices, I am not at all interested in trying to fix the issue, I just want to ditch Vodafone and never come back after being treated like this.

2 REPLIES 2

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your data speeds @bissto, We'd be happy to help you investigate what's going on. If you'd like our help with this, please drop us a message over here on Social Media so we can get the ball rolling. 

blacktaffy2002
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

download this https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0028/85780/Broadband_Speeds_Code_June_2015.pdf

and look at the 4th principle which in your case Vodafone are violating