Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super slow gigacube 4g.

JMVJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Joined vodafone a month ago and it has been a nightmare. They promised super speeds and it would ideal for my needs but it has been nothing of the sort.

I contacted them and they couldn't answer me except with wait until the works have finished in you area and things willbe better. Really???!!! 
if I cancel now my charges wil be extortionate. either way I am screwed. 😞

does anyone have any tips. Apart crom resetting the gigacube?  Thanks. 

25 REPLIES 25

I am in exactly the same position. Speeds were great when i got it and since then they have steadily declined. I am connected direct by gigabit ethernet cable to the router ns have just run. speedtest and getting 1.49mbs download and 0mbs upload. I have removed sim last night and reinserted and no difference. This is very disappointing as I paid £325 upfront for this and paying £50 a month and today its taking ages to even load normal web pages

I have the exact same issues. Ordered the gigacube at the beginning of Feb. Chatted with an agent and specifically asked about network quality because I live a bt rurally. I was reassured that the coverage at my postcode ws 'very good'. Lately I'm having massive issues with the speed (I'm using a speed checking app). I bought an outside antenna because my house is very well insulated and I hoped that the signal would come through better but it doesn't make a difference. 

For about an hour after waking up (usually between 9 and 10 am) it's decent and then it's pretty poor for the rest of the day. At the moment I can't watch Netflix and use my phone/ laptop at the same time. Either Netflix/ iPlayer buffer like mad or pages on my phone/ laptop take ages to load. I emailed Vodafone and was informed that the network in my area in 'unreliable'. Interesting given that I was assured of a 'very good' coverage before I signed up. I wonder if that could be reason enough to cancel my plan and change provider (my neighbours have no issue with EE but I chose Vodafone to save 5 quid per month... stupid me). Otherwise I'd be stuck in a contract for 18 months with mediocre internet and an almost constant blurry or buffering TV screen when streaming. Somehow I find it hard to accept that. 

By the way, the issues started to occur BEFORE the lockdown began so a busier network because everybody is at home doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer. There are few people around here. Next door are with EE or have a landline (I don't which is why I chose mobile wifi) so I don't understand the problem.

My gigacube was performing very well up until roughly the beginning of this month with speeds in excess of 50mbps on download and 30mbps on upload. Was very happy. 

However there are now running at less than 20mbps download and 0.25mbps upload. In fact upload goes down to as much as 0.1mbps. 

After playing around, I forced the Gigacube into 3G and now it gives 10mbps download and 4.1mbps upload. The problem seems to be the 4G network. 

Vodafone clearly doesn't pick up problems properly and fix them. There is no excuse for allowing upload to collapse so low and pretend the network is running fine.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @karo_temi & @pullenuk, can you both drop us message on Facebook or Twitter, so we can check the local mast in your areas please?

I have already got messages between us on twitter my username is the same pullenuk. Very slow to reply on Twitter at the moment.

Hi Dane, thank you, that's very kind of you to offer. I've already been in touch with customer service and have a reference number for my complaint. That's when I was told that the signal in my area is unreliable. But I'm happy to drop a message with my postcode for a check. Everything that helps will be great.

many thanks

Karo