Welcome to Vodafone Community
is it possible to turn off the 5G part of the Gigacube?
When I first got the cube it wasn't recieving 5g which I was frustrated with but the 4G+ was giving me 200 down which was more that sufficient so I let it go. Recently though the cube has begun picking up 5G but the speeds it is giving me are so much worse at about 80 down. This is still a fairly decent speed but the latency has risen from 19ms to in the 100s of ms which isn't acceptable. So is there any way I can go back to just receiving 4G?
@demandedx You should be able to switch down to 4G in your Gigacube settings by doing these steps:
- Connect to Gigacube via Wi-Fi and log in to the Admin Page (to access this type 192.168.8.1 into your browser and click 'Go direct to Webpage'. The default admin passwords are on the label at the base of the Gigacube unit
- In the Settings tab, click Dial-up
- From the Dial-up dropdown, choose Network Settings
- From the Preferred Mode dropdown, you can then select 4G
- From the Network Search Mode dropdown, choose Manual
Please let me know how you get on with this!
sorry Natasha, i don't see those options anywhere, I've had an explore around the all the settings in the router admin pages and can't see anything about preffered mode. There's also no dropdown called dial-up
Thanks for getting back to us @demandedx. Please try downloading the Huawei Highlink app from your Playstore/ iPhone App Store and have a go at changing your settings through there.
You can access all your SSID's and settings in the app, so it's definitely worth a try. Pop back and let us know how you get on 👍
If you're trying to switch mobile data off altogether, you can do this by following 👉
- Click on the network via the GigaCube web interface.
- Dial in Mobile network > Internet connection.
- Use the indicator next to Mobile Data to toggle this on or off.
Let us know how you get on following these options.