Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to buy data pack for mifi unit

bobbyp
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been using an R218h for a while now, buying data packs as needed. The last data pack was exhausted in July. I tried to buy another several times. This appears to work, and the transaction appears as pending on my card, but nothing further happens and the transaction disappears after a few days and there's no data allowance added.

VF chat suggested it was a bank fault, so I tried a different card. Same result. Just now I tried chat again, this time they said I had no credit on my account (which is true), however, I can't add credit to the account, all I can do is buy data packs - which don't work. So I'm stuck with an unusable device I can't add data allowance to.

Suggestions please ?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @bobbyp 

That is a problem, if you are having this trouble I wonder just how many other Vodafone customers are unable to top up a mobile MiFi device.

You should be able to add credit to the device the same way as a mobile phone, if you have a Vodafone mobile just call 2345 and choose to top up a different number, it could then be simple enough to convert the credit to data.

Sure you have tried this Top up 

If problems persist speak to the Social Team, information on this link. 

Ah, that's a good suggestion.

To update you, I've been on chat again to VF with two advisors. They *might* have solved it. There seems to be multiple data packs assigned, all of which would have not completed payment, so just in limbo state. He cleared them out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

After thought. I'm wondering if the problem came from stacking data packs and how they process card payments in that situation. Paying from account credit should avoid that.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @bobbyp, this does sound very strange! Were live chat able to sort those payments for you and your data pack?

If not, please drop us a message on social media so we can get this looked into for you right away 😊

It's fine now, thank you. The helpdesk person cleared out the limbo data packs and I added one successfully. There might be a problem with stacking data packs, so I'll try and avoid that in future.