Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Vodafone Wi-Fi R216

stmterrace
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi purchassed a R216 a couple of years ago as a mobile broadband link used for a couple of months and then I cancelled the pay as you go contract and number.

Planning to use it whilst away on holiday next month but would like to unlock it so I can use it with a different sim.

Question 1:  Can this be unlocked?

I have tried to unlock it via the Vodafone NUC page but everytime I enter the sim number it removes the 0 at the beginning of the number and then when I go to submit it it wont as its removed the number.

Any ideas as to what to do or do I just bin it?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @stmterrace 

The problem you are going to have is if the device has not been used for two years the SIM will most probably be disconnected from the network for non use.

However, when you have been able to get the code, follow this link and choose Huawei

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/index.htm

1. Make sure your device is fully charged or connected to a power supply
  2. Reset the device
  3. Insert your new network SIM card
  4. Turn the device on. It will display Invalid SIM
  5. Connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable
  6. Open an internet browser and type 192.168.8.1 in the address bar
  7. When prompted, enter your unlock code and choose Apply

Hi thanks for quick response, the problem I have is that I dont have a code for it as when I go to request a code and try to fill it in when I go to enter the phone number of the original sim it removes the 0 from the front and of course when you then try to submit it it then tells you the number is not the 11 digits as requested.

AnnS

Hi @stmterrace 

I would suggest contacting Vodafone and asking them to complete and submit the form for you but with the device not having been used for around 2 years, the SIM in the device would have been disconnected from the network when the contract was cancelled.

If you go into a Vodafone Store they may be able to give further advise and provide a new SIM with a different number but the SIM usually comes part and package with the device.  If the device was used on a contract, you will need the PAYG APN settings.