Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VMB Dashboard download 10.5 needed

prom22
4: Newbie
I have just got a K5160 dongle (running on Windows 7) - documentation on the Vodafone website says I need Vodafone Mobile Broadband version 10.5 (I currently have version 10.3.409 which does not recognise the SIM card - which is tested and OK). Does anyone have this version of VMB or know where I can get it?????? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @prom22 - I would advise having a look through our Mobile Broadband Software for Windows 7, I can see your device is listed 😊

Hi,

I have already explored that - when you click on the Setup-10_5_7... and then K5160, it takes you to a list of PDF user guides but no actual software !!!

Can you add a link to the software?

Thanks.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hmmm, how odd - Thanks for trying @prom22 When you go into your Mobile Broadband app > Advanced > Does it give you and option of updating your software?

When I use my old dongle (K5150) to access the VMB dashboard - I can get the option to update software via the "View and manage your account" icon. The button does react when you click to update but nothing else happens.

Update:

I have removed VMB 10.3.409 from my laptop (including using VMClean) and then plugged in my K5160 dongle. This has installed an on-line version of the VMB software which now enables me to see my SMS messages and (I think) give me all the facilities of the dongle that I should have.

It also allows me to use my K5150 dongle as well.

This is a satisfactory solution, although in some ways I would still prefer to have a VMB dashboard that I can access while off-line (as my dongle has a download limit, and I prefer to sometimes use my laptop specifically off-line).

Is it possible to have a download link to VMB 10.5 please ??????

Well, it was a good idea but the connection keeps dropping out every 30 mins or so.

So I have rolled back to VMB 10.3.409 again and I am back to square one.

Would DEFINITELY appreciate a link to VMB 10.5 if possible?

Thanks.