cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What type of top up deal for mobile broadband?

RFW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,  I think I might have made an error in topping up my mobile broadband.  I went for an 8GB payg deal but realise it was for 4G phones.  Can I still use it or did I need to go for data only?  Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You should be OK.

People do use normal sim cards in their mobile broadband devices without issue and just don't use the minutes and texts part of the tariff @RFW 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks very much for replying!  That's exactly what I was wondering as I couldn't find any help or refund link from Vodafone and hoped I hadn't blown £20!  Many thanks, I might look into phone deals instead of data only in future.  Cheers!

AnnS

Hi @RFW 

Looking at the PAYG bundles here:  Vodafone PAYG Big Value Vodafone don't provide an 8GB bundle for a phone.

If you topped up from here:  PAYG top up you can add an 8GB data pack.

The best option will be to chat now with Vodafone, they will be able to confirm the pack you have added and advise accordingly.

Thanks for your reply!  The problem hasd been getting through to Vodafone.  There appears to be noone about to answer the phone helpline and the digital chat is not connecting.  I've been round the block a few times trying to find a way in but no luck. 

Your reply has been helpful - I will look at any new deals they have currently but have previously succesfully topped up with the 15GB 90 days data only.  That was my usual one but this time I had some credit (less than £25) so used it on another package and just wondered if I had picked the right one (mobile broadband rather than phone.)