Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

excessive data use - 4gb in 3 days

sak2608
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi

any ideas - i got the mobile qifi for my mother so she could use her tablet for facebook etc and the usage is ridiculous - 4gb in 3 days !  I am on my pgone constantly for work  and dont go through this much.  i have queries it twice now but always get the same response- usage is correct but rhis cannot be correct as before she had this and was using her mobile  data she qould barely  go through  2gb in a month 

any help / ideas  appreciated 

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @sak2608 

Watching Facebook videos would be very data intensive, your Mother would also be downloading full pages of internet and this would consume a much larger amount of data compared to a mobile phone.

Vodafone would only be able to tell you how much data has been used in a single session and this would also show from the list of applications used on the dashboard.  There would also been application updates installed and this would add to the amount of data used.

There is further information here: Managing your data usage 

The Social Team should be happy to check this for you and they can be contacted through Twitter or Facebook direct message here: Contact Us 

thankd for this reply but previous to getting her thr mobile data she was using her mobile  data and was barely using 3gb a month so this is what i am struggling to understand. the reason i got her the mobile data was so she didnt have to keep tethering her tablet to her phone so i just do not understand thr rxcessive usage with vodafone ?

Thanks for your reply back @sak2608, the best option would be to contact us on the link sent over by @AnnS. We would need your account details to take a look at this which cannot be posted on the Community. When you do send us a message, please include your Community Username 🙂

I'm having the same sort of problem.

Stated that I have used up all my months data in less than 3 weeks. 7 of those days I was not even using the dongle device as I was away !!! This is all wrong and Vodafone know it. I asked for an upgrade as I thought 30gb would be enough over a month as I only use it for surfing the net and a bit of IPLAYER.  After being told by Vodafone that they would contact me after 24-48hrs nothing has happened since Sunday at 23.30.

I'm staggered as to their attitude,customer service and complete rip off.

Thought BT were bad enough but Vodafone are far worse. The only way to contact Vodafone is by the stupid Tobi chat which takes for ever or by calling,this too takes forever . Been currently on the phone trying to talk to a human for 45 mins and nothing. I've had 12hrs of trying to communicate with them

Hi @corruptcompany 👋 We can certainly take a look over your account to check when the usage has occurred and see if we can get to the bottom of the high use. One thing I would advise to check on the devices connected is that none of them are set to automatically download software updates or back up files to the cloud etc, as this can be heavy drain on data. As we don`t have account access here could you please contact our social team and we will be happy to look at this further. You can find out how to contact them here.