Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g+ and 5g (ultra queries

ClaydonKing
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. New recently to Vodafone. Grew sick of O2.  My village now has 5g on Vodafone and speeds are great etcetc . 

Now I know Vodafone have turned off their 3g and refarmed their signals for 4 and 5g . When out and about around Preston/Longton (where I live) my phone when not on 5g naturally switches to 4g . I've noticed my phone doesn't display 4g + like it did on O2 and a different slightly slower speed . So my question is. Will their be a time when 4g + will arrive in Preston and the surrounding areas using repurposed frequencies? 

Also I've noticed that 5g ultra seems to be limited to just Samsung phones even  the older ones. My phone ( a pixel 8 pro) is not listed as compatable . Is there any date in which it will be compatable or is it unlikely? 

Thanks for your help  🙂.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's possible older phones are not compatible with Vodafones choice of 5G frequencies, or the older phone's do not have 5G antennas. 

Phone's will sometimes show different icons at the top of the screen and in some cases will latch onto the strongest signal.

Vodafone has a network checker that provides information on their signal and any relevant future work phased in @ClaydonKing @

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was thinking that but for less then year old (unlocked) one I'm surprised it's not .