Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G SA (ultra) - phone not connecting

sirgader
4: Newbie

Hi!

I should be able to connect to 5G Ultra (standalone) - I meet the pre-requisites - I use compatible handset (S23 Ultra), upgraded my plan since February 23 and I tried it in several postcode covered by 6G Ultra. However my phone only connects to NSA 5G. I tried talking to the agent via chat and they suggested replacement SIM as the SIM I have is quite old. Whilst I didn't receive new SIM yet, I decided to try eSIM. To no avail. My account was plagued with several issues (as a matter of fact it still has some challenges) so I am wondering if that may be a factor. Either way I'd appreciate if anyone had suggestions with regards to getting 5G SA working.

1000105036.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

What they neglected to mention is when those users would be enabled. Technically not an advertising issue as long as they enable them first. I do know that some people have recently started to have the service enabled but they’re taking their merry time doing it.  

isaacee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Same issue on my Galaxy S23 Ultra. I'm not able to connect to vodafone 5G ultra too.

and when I was travelling to China, I was unable to connect to ChinaUnicom 5G network which only provides 5G SA network. The same sim was removed from another 5G phone which shows "5G SA" in the sim status page.

Super5G-SA
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Similar situation here. I have a new 5G ultra enabled contract and get great 5G SA signal. What one of you said above resonates - it's clearly just not enabled. Speaking to Vodafone support they didn't know what 5G Ultra was and even said they didn't have 5G NSA. They asked me to go into a shop to get it resolved, which I refused so then they reset my SIM which did nothing. Has anyone had any luck?

What handset are you using? New lines are usually provisioned when they’re set up.

Your best bet is to make contact by Instagram or using one of their other socials media channels. I spoke with them about 2 lines and they were knowledgeable and even knew the rules about the tariff (that they couldn’t override for me on one of them!). I do know of people on another forum who’ve had success on Instagram chat as well.