Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apps only work on wifi - mobile data not working

AliHaz
2: Seeker

Help!  Since Friday I have not been able to access any of my apps or internet without being on WIFI.  I have plenty of data left, mobile data is on, tried restart, tried airplane mode on and off....tried everything but nothing working.  Even uninstalled and restalled the apps it just says I am offline!!!

Anyone else had this issue or know a fix.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This happened with my phone and the TripAdvisor app last week.

It self resolved overnight for me @AliHaz 

Try clearing the cache and data of the app too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @AliHaz 

If this has suddenly happened, just WEB to 40127 to make sure you have the correct settings installed. 

Otherwise, it's more than likely a network issue or the phone has temporarily lost it's data connection.  Try going into your connection settings, do a manual roaming scan, select any other network, wait for it to kick you out  and reselect Vodafone. See Device Guides 

In case this is network related see here: Network Issues complete the pro forma, copy and paste the results back on the thread and a member of the Social Team will get back to you.  Vodafone always recommend trying the SIM in an alternative phone, this will confirm if it is a phone or SIM issue.

It won't let me do a manual roaming scan it doesn't bring up any networks at all

AliHaz

All sorted!  The nice guy at vodafone talked me through resetting APN settings just made a few tweaks and hey presto working again :Smiling: