main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Apps only work on wifi - mobile data not working

AliHaz
2: Seeker

Help!  Since Friday I have not been able to access any of my apps or internet without being on WIFI.  I have plenty of data left, mobile data is on, tried restart, tried airplane mode on and off....tried everything but nothing working.  Even uninstalled and restalled the apps it just says I am offline!!!

Anyone else had this issue or know a fix.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This happened with my phone and the TripAdvisor app last week.

It self resolved overnight for me @AliHaz 

Try clearing the cache and data of the app too.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @AliHaz 

If this has suddenly happened, just WEB to 40127 to make sure you have the correct settings installed. 

Otherwise, it's more than likely a network issue or the phone has temporarily lost it's data connection.  Try going into your connection settings, do a manual roaming scan, select any other network, wait for it to kick you out  and reselect Vodafone. See Device Guides 

In case this is network related see here: Network Issues complete the pro forma, copy and paste the results back on the thread and a member of the Social Team will get back to you.  Vodafone always recommend trying the SIM in an alternative phone, this will confirm if it is a phone or SIM issue.

View more options
AliHaz

It won't let me do a manual roaming scan it doesn't bring up any networks at all

View more options
AnnS

Yes @AliHaz it can take a few minutes to complete the scan.

Edited to add . It would also be worth checking you have data remaining.  If you are on a limited allowance it will be capped and will be impossible to go over the allowance. 

View more options
AliHaz

All sorted!  The nice guy at vodafone talked me through resetting APN settings just made a few tweaks and hey presto working again :Smiling: 

View more options