Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DA16 - Welling

Annio
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, around this area. I have lived for 8y in CR0 and I never had this issue before.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
DA16 3LS

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, vodafone also sent me another SIM.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The download speed is around 2-4Mbps

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Since I moved to the area, last week. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It is intermittent. I ran loads of speed tests, and one out of 15 the speed goes up to 240Mbps for a couple of seconds, before dropping again to the 2-4Mbits. 
I haven't noticed any difference throughout the day

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Annio 

If you take a look at the Vodafone Service Checker it shows what you should expect to attain in regards to speeds.

status-checker. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi BandOfBrothers,

Thanks  for replying.

The status checker suggests: 

3.8 - 60.0 Mbps

This confirms that I am below the minimum.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now - Thank you for completing our network check template @Annio 

I've checked your postcode on our network systems and I can see that there was some work recently completed on one of your local masts (No. 78608) and a few other surrounding masts, depending on which mast you are connecting this could be effecting your service. So that we can provide you with some settings to try and connect to another mast can you confirm the make and model of your device please?

Also, 3G coverage in your area is patch and less reliable, and 5G coverage is very limited. 

Thanks Evie,

I have a one plus 8, and a Vodafone R218h.

Thanks a lot,

Annio

Thanks for that information @Annio, the speed tests that you've previously run, have you done these on the on the OnePlus 8 or the R218h or both? If you have done them on both devices, are you getting similar speeds on both devices? 

With the Vodafone R218h check out this link here. When you follow the link, on cause 3 of 3, you can check the network mode that your device is connected to. 

With the OnePlus 8, if you to your Settings > Wi-Fi & Network > SIM & Network > Access Point Names. Can you send us over a screenshot of these settings so we can review these? You can post this on our Community, or if you prefer, on our Facebook or Twitter channels in a private message. If you're going to speak to us on social media, just include your Community username so we can link back to this thread 🙂

I have tried all of this, but I'm still getting very bad results.

The major issue is that even my standard phone calls drop.

Thanks for getting back to us @Annio. We may need to get a network case raised, for us to do this, please drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook so we can get some account details. You can find the contact details here, just remember to include your Community username so you don't need to repeat what you've previously told us. 

Thanks Mark, but I am not on social media, is there any other way this can be done?

On the same link that we've sent @Annio, there is option of the Live Chat team if you don't have a social media account.