Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data in IP33 Bury St Edmunds Town Centre

Occasional
4: Newbie

The data is appalling in the town centre, hard to do anything at all especially in Kings Road area. O2 works no problem but Vodafone seems to have died a death.

14 REPLIES 14

Jason

Hi @Occasional. It's disappointing to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your network connection in Bury St Edmunds town centre. We understand how both frustrating and concerning this must be. Although data connection can fluctuate with traffic/congestion in high activity areas such as a town centre, as a troubleshooting step, I would recommend actioning a Manual Roam - this can help with network problems such as this. 

We do also have a dedicated 'My mobile has no signal or data' Help & Support web page for additional support.

Hi Jason

Thank you for responding, I will give it a go however I know from friends that Vodafone is now very very slow in the area.

Thank you for getting back to us @Occasional. You can also check for any known issues in the area via our Network Status Checker. If you require any further assistance, pop us over a message with the full affected postcode via one of the contact methods found here

Hi Jason

I have tried a manual roam and it doesn’t help, even when 4g is got it’s slow and we’ll all be running to O2 which has 5G all over the place now, Vodafone once the best now one of the worst, a real shame.

SMC7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am having the same problem and have been for months now 

no data literally across the whole of bury st Edmund’s area especially on the westley side of town 

Occasional

The signal on the A143 heading out of Bury St Edmunds is now barely 1 bar and no data with no good call connection either, the same is in the back roads from Westley crossroads to Chedburgh A143 crossroads, signal used to be good now since 3G has been turned off Vodafone has gone to the dogs.

totally agree it’s shocking

I can no longer get a signal on Tut Hill, either or anywhere on or near Bury, St Edmunds Golf, course,

it used to be fine, but the signal started to get poor a few months ago and is now non-existent

Occasional

When please will anything be done about the dreadful signal since the 3G switch off still often have no signal or very poor connection.

Occasional

When please will Vodafone address the issues with the 3G switch off, in some areas I now get something called edge with one bar, not good when we pay good money for data. What on earth is being done about this once good network? Please resolve.