Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full 4G but no Internet

Noodle86stu
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For a few weeks now I've had no Internet connection when connected to just my data. I've never had this before in my house. 

The signal in the area is good, DH6 Durham, and I've contacted Vodafone and they recommend a new SIM. I am still having an issue. 

Why, all of a sudden could I be in a 4G black spot? 

24 REPLIES 24

General coverage was fine until the poster mentioned the issue started after a storm. 

Thanks for the reply, but as Noodle86stu just mentioned, this is an issue that has emerged recently, after 11 years of excellent service i.e. not patchy as you currently mention it is.

WiFi calling is only useful if you are at home (and this is what I have had to use for the past couple of months). However, I find it highly inconvenient not having signal when I am in or around the Bowburn area - I can't send or receive calls, browse the Internet or stream.

EE seems to have no issues, so maybe this is who I need to switch to?

What I shame I am stuck with Vodafone for the next year. I've had issues in the past but they were intermittent faults. This is clearly an issue with the area. As RMH has said, wifi calling at home is fine but what about when we step outside the house, do a school run or go to the shop. We're essentially carrying a brick. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I completely understand both of your worries and hesitations with this @Noodle86stu and @RMH I'm sure I would be feeling the same. We are always looking to improve and upgrade our network and are working with our network team continuously to implement these upgrades, you can sign up for any alerts on upgrades or work in your area on our network status checker. 

I would also advise completing a manual roam when you can to refresh your SIM on the network as this can help with signal. Please find the steps for a manual roam in our device guides.

Noodle86stu, was just thinking on this... you could probably break contract early as it is not being fulfilled on their side.

I'm going to move to EE.

We have tried to make Vodafone aware that there is an issue they weren't aware of, but I can't see it getting resolved any time soon.

C'est la vie.

Godspeed!

Hi RMH,

It's something I'll be looking into. I've submitted my evidence on Monday to the social media team, so I'll see what comes of that. My family are on EE also with no problems. 

Hi again RMH, 

Just found this online. It tells you how to complain and cancel. 

https://www.money.co.uk/guides/can-you-cancel-your-mobile-phone-contract-if-you-cant-get-signal.htm#...

Hey did any of you guys find a fix?

im having the exact same issue it’s so bizarre. 

I’m with virgin mobile but they recently migrated to vodaphone so I’m thinking it’s a vodaphone issue. It started a day or two after new year this year. So frustrating!

Hi Bolton101,

Sorry to hear you're having issues too...Are you also in DH6?

Sadly, it seems the only solution at the minute it to move to another network provider.

😔

Hi

No I’m in bolton in greater Manchester. 
if I switch to 3G on mobile data options I do get a very slow connection.  But 4G doesn’t work at all. 

cant believe they don’t have a solution for this 🤦‍♂️