cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I get a booster mast installed locally to improve signal? Half my village is off network.

Seaside12
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My house is in a seaside village in Devon.  We are shadowed from the main mast by a hill.  Who can I speak to to help get something installed locally to improve signal for both voice and 4/5G?  We don't have decent broadband from OpenReach either so are in desperate need of help.

15 REPLIES 15

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As there's a team of people who deal with these kind of queries @Seaside12, I wouldn't be able to give you an individuals name, sorry.

Can you please give me the team’s contact details so I can confirm that they are looking into it?  Telling me you have a team that deal with this sort of thing is not helpful unless I know they are addressing this issue.  I can tell you I have a cooker but that does not mean I’m cooking you dinner.  If I can speak with them I can also potentially help them coordinate locally.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you pop us a message through one of our social channels as advised in my earlier message @Seaside12, we'll be able to take your contact details securely and pass them on to the team that deal with planning our network upgrades. They'll look into this and if the require any further information, I'm sure they'll be in touch.

I have already explored that avenue and I gave them full details.  they then realised that I have a corporate account and so passed me onto the small business team.  the small business team then passed me onto the corporate team who said I should write to the CEO.  I have done all this but still don't have a name for anyone or contact for any team who actually plan network investment who could make a difference.  You telling me someone will deal with it is not really very helpful.  I understand that this is a pain but assurances that you have a department is totally unhelpful.  You haven't escalated it or given me the name or contact details of anyone who actually plans networks.    it is as though you just want me to go away?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @Seaside12 and I'm sorry to see this hasn't yet been escalated to our Engineers for you.

I'm unable to locate a private message or DM to either of our social media channels. So we can chase this up for you and ensure this is raised to our dedicated team, please can you ensure your Community username and link to your thread are included when sending us a follow up private message from your Facebook or Twitter profile?

Hi Tash, I do not use Twitter or Facebook so I raised it via the alternative link i was given.  Regards Paul