Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I want to die because of voafone uk

daveypacman69
2: Seeker

I had two Vodafone contact phones. None of them have had Internet on the phones for over 3 months now. Vodafone will not help me. They can't fix the problem and want to charge me over £1000 for early termination. I'm now stuck in two three year contracts that are unusable for anything but calls. I don't have a money for early termination and I really need to use the Internet. I've been on the phone to Vodafone for hours today. Been in tears, now having to use a private adjudication service call cicas to try sort think. I'm litterally consider killing myself over this. It's better than paying two three year contracts I can't use. I hate you Vodafone. You have ruined my life and your company is going to be the reason for my death.

7 REPLIES 7

daveypacman69

I had two Vodafone contact phones. None of them have had Internet on the phones for over 3 months now. Vodafone will not help me. They can't fix the problem and want to charge me over £1000 for early termination. I'm not stuck in a two three year contracts that are unusable for anything but calls. I don't have a money for early termination and I really need to use the Internet. I've been on the phone to Vodafone for hours today. Been in tears, now having to use a private adjudication service call cicas to try sort think. I'm litterally consider killing myself over this. It's better than paying two three year contracts I can't use. I hate you Vodafone. You have ruined my life and your company is going to be the reason for my death.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @daveypacman69 

Have you considered contacting The Samaritans about this ?  Considering suicide just because you are unable to access the internet on your mobile phone and blaming the network for your death is rather desperate and over the top and you need some professional help.

To answer your network issue, the first thing to look at will be your network settings.  Text WEB to 40127, this will update the SIM on the network and configure the APN settings.  Take a look at device guides for your phone here: Device Guides 

Check out this thread initial checks and template work through the steps, complete the template and copy and paste the results back on this thread.  Someone from the Social Team will be back to you ASAP.

edited to add: @daveypacman69 When you have given an example of the issue by completing the template, the Social Team will get back to the thread.  You can also speak directly to the Team by following this link: Contact Us 

It's the fact that you guys are still holding me to this 3 year contact even though my services aren't working that is making me want to die. I can't afford to pay £80 a month for three years for a service I am not receiving. I now need to think about getting another phone even though I am paying for two that aren't working. No-one from Vodafone will help me or terminate the contact. Now I have three years of debt for a service I am not receiving 

daveypacman69

I have two Vodafone contact phones. None of them have had Internet on the phones for over 3 months now. Vodafone will not help me. They can't fix the problem and want to charge me over £1000 for early termination. I'm now stuck in two three year contracts that are unusable for anything but calls. I don't have a money for early termination and I really need to use the Internet. I've been on the phone to Vodafone for hours today. Been in tears, now having to use a private adjudication service call cicas to try sort think. I'm litterally consider killing myself over this. It's better than paying two three year contracts I can't use. I hate you Vodafone. You have ruined my life and your company is going to be the reason for my death.

daveypacman69

I have two Vodafone contact phones. None of them have had Internet on the phones for over 3 months now. Vodafone will not help me. They can't fix the problem and want to charge me over £1000 for early termination. I'm now stuck in two three year contracts that are unusable for anything but calls. I don't have a money for early termination and I really need to use the Internet. I've been on the phone to Vodafone for hours today. Been in tears, now having to use a private adjudication service call cicas to try sort think. I'm litterally consider killing myself over this. It's better than paying two three year contracts I can't use. I hate you Vodafone. You have ruined my life and your company is going to be the reason for my death.

HelpfulBadger
11: Established
11: Established

With all the respect it deserves, this post reeks of childishness and someone not getting their own way, not depression - Copying and pasting the initial post 4 times was a bit much. I know many places where this would be the laugh the social media team needs on a Friday morning.

However, assuming that this is a legitimate post, I second @AnnS, there are services out there and go month by month, or day by day - You've managed for the last 3 months and assumedly have Vodafone's blessing to go to CISAS and have the matter arbitrated so it shouldn't be long until you get a decision.

Remember that myself and Ann don't work for Vodafone so can only offer general advice based off of our own experience and knowledge, and the social media team can't access any of your account information through the forum - If you don't feel like waiting on hold, start a webchat or talk to them on other Social media channels.

By the size of the fees, you have hardware on your contract, so the most you can expect (reasonably) is that they reduce the termination fee to the remaining hardware cost, but that's up to Vodafone and CISAS.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us @daveypacman69 - I know how important it is to stay connected and I'm sorry you're having these issues with your mobile data. I'd also like to offer our apologies for any unnecessary stress this has caused you - this really isn't the experience we want for any of our customers and we'd love to get it all sorted for you. 

So we can get your mobile data back up and running, please come and have a chat with my team on social media - if you include a link to community post, you won't need to repeat yourself 👍

As @AnnS has mentioned, there are different options for mental health support that you may find helpful.