Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Isle of man

Brian1066
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All.

I'm on holiday in the isle of man from England and can't get a Vodafone network on my A50 Samsung mobile. I have a monthly contract, roaming on and can only get Sure or Manx Telecom networks appear  when l do a manual search.  Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ann

Tried to register on the Manx Telecom network and won't connect. Haven't tried Sure network as l believe vodafone stop using them from tomorrow 1st Sept onwards. Plan B is to go into Manx Telecom shop in Douglas this morning unless you can suggest anything else    Thanks for replying

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Brian1066 

Can you check for any relevant preference settings actually in the phone to make sure roaming is turned On.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone.

Is it possible the Networks there are experiencing issues themselves that you are connecting to  ?

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can check your account settings as well as the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger. Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Also do please re check in your myvodafone app and myvodafone online option.

Unfortunately Vodafone UK has no control over other networks and as such sometimes roaming can be tricky to get connected.

Try turning your phone Off and On to reboot it.

Some interim solution's would be to use Calling Over Wi-Fi if possible.

Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi.  

Or consider the option to use a local sim card if your phone's unlocked to all Network's.

I appreciate that you want to use roaming buy at least this way your still connected.

Vodafone > Costs-and-charges/Travelling-Abroad. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Brian1066 

You are roaming on the Isle of Man network, you won't be able to connect to Vodafone.   The Isle of Man have their own networks, Manx and Sure, you are able to roam on either network.

Enjoy the Isle of Man.

Hi Ann

Tried to register on the Manx Telecom network and won't connect. Haven't tried Sure network as l believe vodafone stop using them from tomorrow 1st Sept onwards. Plan B is to go into Manx Telecom shop in Douglas this morning unless you can suggest anything else    Thanks for replying