Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mast in Old Rd Crayford DA1 4DR

dhinxman
4: Newbie

Since the 3g switch off get if I am lucky one bar signal.  My local mast in DA1 4DR has been down for months.  Will this ever be rectified?  

4 REPLIES 4

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dhinxman, I've taken a look into the coverage offered in your postcode and it does appear that there are some issues being experienced by some of the cells serving you. I've taken a closer look into this, and it appears this issue is only affecting a small number of cells located at the site serving you, and we'd still expect you to receive a full service. So we can conduct an investigation into this for you, please pop us a message via our social channels. When you do this let my team know you've reached out to us here, and include a link to this post to help the team understand what we've already checked.

I do not subscribe to Social Channels.  I was advised to use Chat.     After waiting about 8 months for a better signal I was told I should wait a few more days.   I was not given an accurate time scale when or if any repairs would be carried out.    I have got to the stage that I wish to make a complaint, but was told it will not help my problem.     I think next stop Ofcom as I am paying for a service that  relies on Broadband  (WiFi calling) to work.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've taken a look in the open case (REF: INC000005164664) we have for this issue @dhinxman. We'll need a team of engineers to attend the site to complete the work required to reinstate the masts that are out of action. It looks like we'll need to close the road for a period of time whilst the work is being undertaken. This closer has been requested and we're hoping to get confirmation for this shortly. Once this permission's been granted, we'll be able to complete the work and get the service in your area back up to full capacity again. You can register for updates on our progress with this work via our Network Status Checker. If you'd still like to raise a complaint regarding this matter, you can gain more information doing this via our Code Of Practice. As the cause of the delay in getting a fix in place is out of our hands at the moment, raising a complaint may not speed up the resolution to the issue. But your case handler will be happy to provide you with updates on our progress with this.
Apologies if this wasn't explained to you previously, and if there's anything else I can help with this evening, just let me know. If not, have a great evening 😊

@Mark wrote:

It looks like we'll need to close the road for a period of time whilst the work is being undertaken.

That sounds like the fault is at antenna height, and a cherry picker is being used to access them.