Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NW10 network issue

AuF
2: Seeker

Hi,

Experiencing a lot of mobile network issue since 2 months : Poor network signal in NW10

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes in NW10

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

Ex: Nw10 3BP

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes confirmed

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal and quality of calls

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Dec 2023 (before everything was ok)

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

4 REPLIES 4

Jason

Hi @AuF. It's disappointing to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your network connection. I've checked the postcode of concern (NW10 3BP) using our Network Status Checker tool online and I can confirm that there are no network issues or maintenance that would be affecting your services. Although our Network Status Checker predicts good indoor and outdoor coverage, I've checked behind the scenes and I can see that your live signal is a little patchy and less reliable - I can't say for definite if this is the root of the issue, but it may be a contributing factor. 

I've also checked the mast site (968) that your postcode area connects to and all cells are reporting back green/operational, with no recorded downtime from the reported date (December 2023) to now (March 2024). 

Before we move forward, are you experiencing any other issues, or is your primary concern your call quality?

In the meantime, if you've got WiFi connection at home, you can use WiFi calling. For more information on WiFi Calling and how to set it up, please visit our dedicated 'Data Calling' web page.

Hello, Thanks for the answer. No other issue apart from this poor network (which is quite recent)

Thank you for the clarification @AuF. To raise the call quality issue that you've brought to our attention, please pop over a message to our Social Media team with the following: 

- The link to this Community thread, so that the team can see the above template that you've completed. 

- The affected address in full 

- The amount of people this issue is affecting (if anyone in your household is with Vodafone or VOXI)

- Have you tried your SIM in an alternative phone to check if the issue persists? 

- Your phone make and model 

- Time and dates of the calls that were affected within the last 48 hours, including A & B numbers. 

Despair21

In my experience, Vodafone have decimated the connectivity to 4G for data! Originally, I could easily download at 80mbs (when 4G was introduced), now I'm lucky if I can download at all, especially during peak hours! Customer services deem this as an acceptable level of service! Furthermore, after addressing this issue almost monthly for the past two years, I've given up! It's obvious to anyone it's the 'contention' on the line! However, Vodafone do not seem to have increased the network capacity to compensate for this issue, especially eversince the cessation of their 3G service, which undoubtedly increased data traffic on the 4G service, hence compounding the issue. Hope this helps to explain somewhat.