Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4g on Voxi SIM

Rosaliek34567
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I switched recently from an O2 sim as they tower near me was broken and I couldn't get any data service, it would work but was very slow. 

I first bought a Voxi SIM from CO-op and found I was unable to get 4g to work, only 3g, I went through several rounds with a chat advisor and went through APN, etc etc and they eventually sent a new sim. When I got that sim I registered it separately as I realise the first time I didn't pick the deal with unlimited video, i'm having the same issues again now however, I can get 3g however when I switch to 4g it shows as 3 bars and the 4g icon however nothing will load, it just gets stuck part way and eventually says not connected to the internet when I try to load a website etc. the APN settings are correct and iv looked around to see if I could find a solution for this but no good. I am without wifi currently after moving house and im in need of more than 3g speeds if I can get them. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro, so no 5g ability.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

This sounds more of a network issue rather than anything else @Rosaliek34567 .  The best thing here is to follow the self help and give an example of the issue from the link below, complete the pro forma copy and paste the results back giving the Social Team something to go on they will be straight back to you. Network Issues 

You can try refreshing your network settings following the information from Apple Refresh Network Settings Also try updating the SIM on the network by completing a manual roam.  Not quite sure how this is done with an Apple device but you should be able to go to connections > networks > complete a manual scan and select any other network , when it kicks you out, reselect Vodafone.  Further information here: Device Guides 

BandOfBrothers

I'd this happening everywhere you go too ?

Do you know if the Voxi customer support team have reset / flushed your account which removes you from the network and then reconnects you.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then another sim card in your phone  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did this online with the previous sim, I tried a three sim in my phone and it worked absolutely fine

Rosaliek34567

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

no all locations

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

LS7

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

4g signal shows as active but nothing will load 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

just 4g, if I switch my phone to 3g only mode it works

6) When did you first notice this issue?

since having the sim a week ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

no always

Hi @Rosaliek34567! You can check your signal anytime with our Network Status Checker. Alternatively, please pop over your full postcode or add it to your profile using the link in the template above and I can check this for you 🙂