Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data after port to Vodafone

Peter_23
3: Seeker

Hello

I ported my phone number from Giffgaff to Vodafone the 31st of July, and I'm still unable to use the mobile data.

I have calls and messages ready since the 31st, but I have no mobile data.

I spent the last 2 days talking with the customer service and I still have no solution.

The APN settings are okay, everything on the Vodafone system looks ok according with the customer service, the settings on the Vodafone app are okay too, even today I went to a Vodafone store and they gave me a new sim, but I still have no mobile data.

I tried the sim in 3 different phones, even in the store they tested the sim on their phones and for some reason the mobile data is not available on my phone line.

I was expecting a quick port and this is a very frustrating situation.

Probably I'm gonna use the 14 days of cool off period and cancel my contract with Vodafone, because nobody on the customer service have a clue of what is going on with the issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Peter_23, This sounds like a split port issue. I'm a bit disappointed the guys in store didn't pick up on this. We can look into this for you, as we'll need access to your account and possibly speak to your previous provider on your behalf, please pop us a private message via Social Media and one of my team will look into this for you.

Peter_23

Thanks for your answer Mark, I'll contact Vodafone by Twitter.

Peter_23

Hi @Mark 

I have this answer:

"I've just spoke with our Porting Support Team now and they've advised that your port in has been successfully completed and the service has been fully released. They've also advised, issues with split ports are only related to call or text issues not mobile data."

So I don't know what else I can do... I'm sure there is an issue with the mobile data because of the port.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please reach back out to the team @Peter_23 Advise them that you're still not receiving data, and that you'd like it investigating further.