Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal in N4

KazDubyew
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So for much of this week i've been struggling to get a decent signal. I'm on 5G, but my flat is generally a Faraday cage anyway so I use WiFi calling, but now the little signal I did get has gone. My phone is saying "emergency calls only" a lot more and I'm getting SMS hours after they were sent.

I did notice a few masts in the area had recent faults that were marked as fixed, but I'm still struggling.

Is any one else this side of London having similar issues?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I appreciate having little or no signal is frustrating @KazDubyew 

Are you able to turn Off 5G in your phones connection settings to see if 3G or 4G,4G+ works better.

I assume connection is ok in other areas leading to the assumption your sim card and phone is ok.

Although some phone's can hang onto signal better than others so trying your sim card in another phone if you can is a good generic troubleshooting tip.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can look at your area if you use the template found in the link I'll add, and then copy and paste the template back into your thread with your accompanying answers.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You can also check your own local and surrounding masts via inputting your postcode into the Vodafone uk-coverage-map mast checker.  

To check surrounding masts just zoom out on the map.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Looking at the coverage checker, you should be getting perfect network on all frequencies, using the zoom out feature there are a few very small patches of limited signal but shouldn't make a difference to your reception.

If you are using data calling in your flat and the phone is connected to your router it shouldn't make a difference to your calls, depending on the phone you are using, you should also be able to send and receive SMS.  There is further information here: Data Calling 

Try resetting network settings, sometimes the SIM can be a little behind.  This is done by going into the phone settings > network settings, and completing a network scan,, select and other network. wait for the phone to reject the request and reselect Vodafone.  Also see device guides here: Device Guides