Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-sensitive website blocked by Vodafone content filter

joehartley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have recently become aware that Vodafone’s online content filter is incorrectly labelling our website as sensitive content, rendering it inaccessible to some of our clients.

Our domain – https://www.jordanlynch.com/ - needs to be recategorized, as there is no mature or sensitive content on the website at all. Our site is dedicated to private finance services.

Please could a moderator arrange to have the website recategorized within your content filters, so that we no longer face this issue? Our site is based solely around our private finance services and serves no sensitive content whatsoever. 🙂

I've found many other instances on the forums of people who have encountered the same issue - thankfully a moderator has been able to resolve the issue by re-categorisation of the site.

Issue Background

In case it saves anyone else time in the future figuring out what the issue is, here's what happened:

• Site works fine for the most part, but on the Vodafone mobile network (not through wifi) the site showed an 'Invalid certificate' warning. 
  • Multiple Third Party SSL Certificate checks all came up valid.
  • In Edge a 'Sensitive content' Vodafone page was displayed instead, leading us to the real cause of the issue - Vodafone's content filter.

There is nothing we can do to resolve this as the problem lies with Vodafone's filter, so I'm getting in touch here with the hope that the support/moderation team can make that category change for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joehartley - thanks for your patience. This has now been reviewed and reclassified. Please allow 36 hours and clear your browser's cache memory before trying again.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Effie

Hey @joehartley I hope you are well. I've raised this for you now. As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know here. 

Thank you so much for the quick response - really appreciate you looking into this for us.

You're very welcome @joehartley If you need help with anything else at all, please do give us a shout. 

Just an update on this once resolved would be perfect, thank you! Have a great evening.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joehartley - thanks for your patience. This has now been reviewed and reclassified. Please allow 36 hours and clear your browser's cache memory before trying again.

Hi,

This website is also being blocked, you can access the website but cannot click on anything;

https://www.wheelsvancentres.co.uk/

Are you able to check this please as I believe this could be related? Thank you. 

Hey @WVC When you say you are unable to click on anything, is this because you get an error or because it simply won't load? Have you tried the following troubleshooting:

- Clear cache and cookies

- Try a different browser

- Try a different device

Thank you,

We have tried all of this and still does not work.

The website does not function on 4G, when you land on this website you cannot click on anything.

When connected to wifi it works fine.

Thanks

Thanks for letting me know @WVC I have tested the site on the Vodafone mobile network with and without SecureNet and with and without content controls and I am able to access and navigate the site absolutely fine. With the website loading on 4G for you, this indicates that the site is not blocked by our content controls or SecureNet as they would stop the site loading in the first place. As you can load the site but not navigate through it, this sounds more like an internal IT issue. How many users are affected?