Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal since 3g switch off

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established

Any one else got poor service/signal since 3g switch off? Think vodafone 3g switch off is a step backwards. My s22 ultra is always warm from always searching for signal since 3g switch off! Before I could get a steady 8mbps now I'm either getting nothing or  rarely 150mbps when 5g appears I've got to put my phone on silent at night to stop all the no service notifications 😑 poor show vodafone I'd rather have a reliable signal than this occasionally 1bar 4g or 1bar 5g

99 REPLIES 99

JAMESORCHARD

I've done all the social media contact before and online chats through the vodafone app all they do is send you in circles changing your phone settings even though you've already told them it's fine elsewhere. Last time they raised it higher up they had me messaging my Internet speeds for 3 days 3x a day. That time I had an high of 2mbps down too 0.04mbps apparently because I was getting even those low speeds it was fine and they wouldn't raise it any higher. Used to be able to sit anywhere in my property and get service now I've got to sit in one corner holding my phone high progress eh

Well this morning at 7.30  2bars 4g+/5g and 15mbps in a room that is normally E which is edge I believe and usually never loads a web page. and excellent speeds/signal elsewhere. Thought vodafone  were getting their act together but alas I was wrong half an hour later back to rubbish signal/speeds. That goes to show that vodafone could improve the signal strength if they wanted to but choose not too. I assume they were optimising the mast or diagnostics this morning🤔  by the way on the network signal checker I should be getting 5g indoors and out.

JAMESORCHARD

Can anyone answer?  Will the 5g4g signal strength improve at postcode Gl91jg or is it tough luck jog on?

Hi @JAMESORCHARD Looking into the network in this area via our Network Status Checker 4G connection is reported as good both indoors and outdoors with and 5G too however some areas have patchy coverage. If you've noticed your service has deteriorated pop us over a message via our team on the contact information here and we can get things looked into further. 

Thanks for replying i was just doing this same results tho same script( phone settings phone reboot patchy signal area) interesting 🤔 that vodafone has moved my postcode  pin on the checker to a area where there is patchy signal yesterday the pin was directly where i live and is still saying I should be getting great service 4/5g indoors/outdoors 

Ignore my pin 📌 changing bit got confused with phone location search and postcode search 

Hi James, appreciate the update and your honesty 🙂