Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal since 3g switch off

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established
10: Established

Any one else got poor service/signal since 3g switch off? Think vodafone 3g switch off is a step backwards. My s22 ultra is always warm from always searching for signal since 3g switch off! Before I could get a steady 8mbps now I'm either getting nothing or  rarely 150mbps when 5g appears I've got to put my phone on silent at night to stop all the no service notifications 😑 poor show vodafone I'd rather have a reliable signal than this occasionally 1bar 4g or 1bar 5g

99 REPLIES 99

Thanks for letting us know @JAMESORCHARD So that we can take a closer look into the network in your area, could you please follow the link that Lucy provided. One of our Social Media advisors will be more than happy to help you. 

Ooh, that's sneaky 😞

Danno196
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi James. Since the switch off I have been unable to get a 4 g signal outdoors where I live. No issues for the past 3 years, now nothing. I have repeatedly sent in coverage issue messages to Vodaphone, but nothing happens and the coverage map continues to show a full 4 g signal indoors and out. This is now certainly not the case! I am now looking at whether I can get a signal with other networks.

Yes I'm the same thankfully my contract ends on the 17th. I was on the tobi chat on Saturday morning for a hour and half same old story check the phone settings  airplane mode select different network guff even tho you have already said its fine elsewhere. And the end of that wasted time they told me to ring the helpline no 191 because they couldn't do any more. So I rang up to be fair even tho she tried the new sim excuse (I've got a esim)  she did disconnect my  phone for an half hr but to no avail. Then I messaged social media on fb they tried to say the same old phone settings bla bla. Then I live in a patchy network area (I live right in the middle of good indoors/outdoors on network coverage check and no complaints before 5g upgrade) vodafone must have some of the worst customer service help ever why they can't admit and just say the service/signal/reception has declined since the local mast was upgraded to 5g  I'll never know instead of trying to make the customer think there going insane. I'll rather have a honest answer that I dont want to hear than made to be an idiot.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Danno196 - we understand how important it is to have the best possible connection at all times. So we can check what's happening with 4G in your area, please send my team a message on Social Media. We can then run through some checks from our side. 

@JAMESORCHARD - I've replied to your other post.

Hi Gemma. I spent the evening being passed from person to person on the customer service group chat. No hint of care, just robotic messages. Despite the issue affecting many people here they insisted on me trying settings on my phone. I really can’t understand the logic of that. Of course, there is till no 4G signal in the area. Last night I was dropped off by a taxi, who then couldn’t take payment on his card machine. I asked what network he was on? Vodafone, he replied, and then went on to say that he hadn’t been able to get a signal for the last few weeks in the area. Still think it’s my phone? The good news is that someone on the social media chat did finally admit there was a problem with the network locally. The bad news, no timescale for a fix. Without that what choice do I have? 

Honestly you've got to take vodafone with a pinch of salt. I've tried getting answers and help from vodafone for the last 3yrs and all I've got is delay/deflection answers 🙃  if you see the other thread I was asked to send in speed tests which I did to then get the reply maintenance is going on in the area and would be finished in 5days 😆 🤣 😂 few questions for the team

why couldn't of they said that on here ?

What sort of maintenance is it will it resolve my issues? 

Or is it which i suspect a blatant lie?

I will post back on the 19th with the good or bad news but from loads of previous vodafone experience I'm not hopeful. 

Thanks James. I am off to another provider. Full 4G signal and have halved my price for twice as much data and free European use. A no brainier. I wouldn’t have had the inertia to change if it were not for the sudden coverage issues and lack of any answers. Just going to put the word out on local social media now so that others in the community here don’t just accept that they can’t get 4G any more. Maybe an exodus will focus some minds on the issue here.

Bon voyage, Danno! 🙂

I think the maintenance required is a rapid expansion of both the 4G & 5G cell masts to fill in the coverage gaps left after 3G sunset. The coverage map appears to be fiction unless you're located in large towns and cities 

Reminds me of the original embryonic 2G/GPRS coverage in the '90s - remember Mercury?