Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Securenet is incorrectly blocking business website

garyu69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I work at DriveScore and one of our employees who has Vodafone has informed us that our website www.drivescore.com is being blocked by the SecureNet filtering.

This is having impact on our users being able to access our website and use our App..

I have been unable to locate anywhere that allows me to raise this as an issue unlike how other network providers provide. 

Can anyone help escalate this please?

13 REPLIES 13

Jason

Hey @garyu69. We understand how alarming it must have been to be informed that a Vodafone user has been unable to access DriveScore because of Secure Net. To make sure that we're on the same page, can you please confirm what error message is popping up when they try to access the website in question?

If you could also provide an accompanying screenshot that would be fantastic! 

@Jason 

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 14.04.40.png

Thank you very much for popping over a screenshot @garyu69, it's very much appreciated. I've taken a closer look and I can confirm that this isn't related to Secure Net, but instead the accounts bars/restrictions - more specifically the age-restricted content bar. The employee who owns the Vodafone account has an age-restricted content bar applied to their mobile number - this is a bar applied as standard on our network to protect customers under the age of 18 from age-inappropriate content. 

The account holder can remove the age-restricted content bar by following our step-by-step guide

If this was related to Secure Net, the pop up message would be along the lines of "Secure Net blocked a website. The website http:// has been considered as unsafe or inappropriate. Secure Net recommends to close this page and return to safety".  

Hi @Jason 

The problem is though that the website in question shouldn't be getting flagged by SecureNet as age-inappropriate content.

Vodafone is the only network that has listed the page as age-inappropriate https://www.blocked.org.uk/site/http://www.drivescore.com

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 10.29.17.png

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garyu69 - thanks for those details. I've requested the site to be reviewed. This is under reference INC000004770423. We'll let you know as soon as we've an update. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garyu69 - thanks for your patience. The site has now been reviewed and reclassified. 

Please can you ask for my site to be rechecked as Vodafone and Virginmedia seem to be the only ISP's that are blocking www.bikesbikesbikesuk.com 

Not sure why it has an age appropriate when it's only a catalogue of bicycles.

I've raised this for you now @PT972 We'll update you here when the reclassification is done 🙂 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PT972 - thanks for your patience while this was being looked at. The site has been reviewed and we've been advised it's correctly categorized and I'm sorry it can't be unblocked.