Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Site was hacked last year, need help unblocking my site on VodaFone

MarkChaz
4: Newbie

Hi, I am a small business and I need a hand getting my website unblocked on VodaFone. 

I was victim of a nasty hack last year and have since changed everything web hosting related, rampped up security and redesigned the website. 

I really need a hand getting unblocked on vodafone as I have discovered and confirmed my website is blocked on your network.

I have confirmed with my hosting support that my DNS settings and SSL are correctly configured and I have confirmed this is only and issue with specific ISPs

Blocked.jpgscreen blocked.jpg

25 REPLIES 25

I appreciate that @MarkChaz however our Reclassification team are very strict in that they typically want all flags removing first. Regardless, I have raised a request to have your site unblocked and as soon as we hear back from the team, we will let you know here. The reference for the request is INC000005185602

I super appreciate that Effie, I have retried to send mails to every single mail I could scrape related to these guys... they seem to be business security first and foremost so hopefully one of their team picks up on a mail and shows us a little mercy. But regardless, thank you, this has been a gauntlet.

You're very welcome @MarkChaz I am sorry that it's not been a simple process, I have explained in the request about the false positives so hopefully the team can just unblock it for you and you can get back up and running as soon as possible!

Hi @Gemma, could you please confirm the vendors flagging the website so I can approach them?

jroj1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@Mike I'm concerned that VirusTotal is the only basis for a website to be unblocked? I can access plenty of websites that have red marks on VirusTotal via Vodafone and I'm sure that you can appreciate that false positives do also happen all the time too?

@MarkChaz Have you considered contacting the Networking Contacts that are shown on Vodafone's WHOIS/RIPE data? I'm not sure if you will get a reply but it may be worth trying anyway whilst simultaneously trying to get this fixed via forum. ipadmin@vodafone.com, dl-dnsadmin@gb.vodafone.co.uk

Best of luck :Smiling:

Ah I appreciate your understanding and the emails, I am gonna reach out now.

i am slowly trying to hammer out the false positives and seems to be working… just need the ISPs to play ball

IMG_2022.png