Ask

Solution

Vodafone 5G area has been crapped for months now

marziies
3: Seeker

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0448.png

Hey all, so have been with vodafone for around about a year now and a place I go to everyday to get to my destination has became unusable on 5G (good in and out area) and im unsure why, it used to be really great since it had its downfall since July last year, its come to a point that I really want to leave the carrier as I had gotten a 12 month contract with them, I’ve tried everything under the umbrella like replacement sim, reset network settings, fixed wap and installed apn. Speeds are really good, however the ping ruins it all together and NOTHING loads, any help will be gravely appreciated as I am really considering leaving. (Area is Swansea)

8 REPLIES 8

Lucy_F

Hey @marziies If you're facing trouble with your network connection and need some assistance, feel free to message our Social Media Team via the contact information found here and we'll get things looked into with you. 

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have to admit I'm curious as to what you are up to on your phone where you consider 150Mbps/24Mbps as unusable?

The data speeds are actually way more than I need, just LTE / 4G works better as their ping is much lower like 39ms with 25mbps, 5G is 300ms for some reason and makes things unusable

Edit: that image isn’t 300ms but have had instances where it had like 200mbps but 300ms latencies, like nothing loads due to the such high ping

Overall it’s just ping is way too high for it to be operable for anyone really

For reference this is 4G at the same area  and things load, just there’s spots it doesn’t and 5G is faster there but the ping is astronomical to the point it doesn’t work, even outside:

IMG_0508.png

marziies

Hey all, so I’ve been with vodafone since May of 2023 and it’s been really great and was good for my needs but ever since September, it’s been really slow on 5G and the pings have been really high, bear in mind September is the time I bought my 12 month contract, I’ve been trying for months to complain to vodafone via the reporting forum but they haven’t responded back or nothing, first image is 5G then 4G, you may say use 4G but 4G is a bit spotty at times, any help will be appreciated as it’s been unusable since then, have tried asking to cancel the contract but they keep on saying they can’t and give me trouble shooting steps that don’t work, I’ve even used the social media but they do the same things

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_0948.jpeg

Even with 4 bars it has the same issues, I’m not sure what to do now as I feel like I’m wasting money on something that doesn’t even work right, 5G I still get the speedy speeds but ping just makes it not work at all. Even with the maintenance that has been happening, it still hasn’t been fixed, live your best life with vodafone 5G they said, had nothing but stress and things not working at all.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marziies - thanks for coming back to us here and the above examples. It's disappointing to hear things haven't changed. I understand you've already contacted us there before. Please reach out to us on Social Media again. We'll need you to do this so we can take your location details securely.