Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Internet Speed

hayunscha
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone else have experience with Vodafone 4g speeds? When I'm downloading, specifically on steam, my internet speed gets throttled to about 100 or 200 KB/s, but it seems to happen on random days? For example it doesn't seem to have any connection to how much data I've used this month. Does anyone know how to stop them doing this/ way of getting around it?

1 REPLY 1

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @hayunscha 👋

We don't throttle your 4G speeds - using a streaming service for games or films uses a high amount of data, which may be why you're experiencing some loss of speed. 

This is really down to the signal strength in your local area and how many people are using the mast at the same time - it's unrelated to the amount of data you've used and explains why it happens at random times/days. 

You can check your local signal on our Network Status Checker - this includes any known faults, maintenance work or planned upgrades in your area. There's also a 'Tell us about an issue' option to report anything to us. 

You can also follow our Network Troubleshooting steps for further help with this 🙂