Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

network issues

selwyn
2: Seeker

I have no or at best, sporadic network coverage in EH10 area for 3 weeks. I am told that vodafone are 'looking into it' but acknowledge the problem. Why 3 weeks!! I am 'working from home' in lockdown with no phone and can't even text!!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @selwyn 

Totally appreciate having intermittent signal issues is frustrating.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can take a look if you fill in the template via copy and paste into your thread.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You can also set up alerts via the status-checker. 

For those with eligible phone's and tariffs Vodafone have the Calling Over Wi-Fi option that allows calls and texts.

wi-fi-calling. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

selwyn

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? about half a mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. EH10 4BP

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? cannot text or call - message says no network coverage

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all

6) When did you first notice this issue? 3 weeks ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent with very slight change at night, occasionally, but rare

BandOfBrothers

Ah yes @selwyn I can see now.

“ There’s a problem with our mobile network in this area at the moment that may be causing issues with your service. We’re sorry if you’re experiencing any disruption, we know how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately, it’s taking us a little longer than we expected to fix this issue – sorry for the delay. Rest assured, we’ll get things up and running again as soon as we can, and we’ll update this page once we have an update. Thanks for your patience. As soon as we have any further updates, we’ll let you know here.

Have you set up alerts via the Service Checker ? 

Current Phone  >

Thank you, yes I have but have had no notifications over the three week period since this started.

Even an update would help - it is the silence that is particularly frustrating.

BandOfBrothers

I'm sure it is @selwyn 

Have you considered calling Over WiFi if it's an option available to you ?

Current Phone  >

thanks - my phone does not support the wifi calls feature sadly