Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android Wear

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Anyone here have any Android Wear devices?

I've just acquired an LG Urbane smartwatch, loving it so far, wondered if anyone else had tried anything similar?

49 REPLIES 49

jeffkinn

@Nabs One day I have no doubt that I'll get one but it won't be quite yet.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
No don't need to be same manufacturer, I use mine with Sony Z3, HTC M9 and Lg G3.

The main features are Android wear but there are some added by Asus.

I have used mine for navigation when walking in a new city, better than getting phone out !

thesoupdragon
Cheers @63johnw

Might be a stupid question...?
The connection between phone and watch, is that Bluetooth?
If so, does that have an added effect on battery drain to the phone?

63johnw
No problem it's Bluetooth and I haven't noticed any extra battery drain, my Z3 has good battery life anyway.

jeffkinn

I might just have to buy an Apple Watch to compare to your watches? :smileyhappy:

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

thesoupdragon
Thanks @Nabs, that really is a good looking watch.

The internet connection you mention, is that because signal is sparse when you are driving?

Nabs

@thesoupdragonwrote:
Thanks @Nabs, that really is a good looking watch.

I think it's the best looking smartwatch on the market right now!

The only think I may change would be to add a metal strap option though it does specifically mention that doing so may degrade the WiFi performance, guess it would interfere with the antenna.

@thesoupdragon wrote:
The internet connection you mention, is that because signal is sparse when you are driving?

Yup exactly, Vodafone's data coverage is non existant for most of the time i'm out + I rely on a VSS for a connection at home. Unfortunately it does limit my ability to use it but not a lot I can do about that.

63johnw
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.smartwatchface.watch.face.aviator.android.wear

It's this one but I signed up for testing on new versions, this is a beta test, has phone and watch battery level indictors at the bottom instead of just watch battery on the main version

63johnw
Actually just read description and its saying dual battery so it must have been adopted.

63johnw

IMG_20150718_225525.JPG

For @jeffkinn