Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default on my account

Emiliancojan1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a default from 2015, updated on 2022. I’ve contacted everyone I could trying to pay the £66. No one can find me in the system. I am trying to apply for mortgage but I cannot because if this. Can someone look into it ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Janey

Hi @Emiliancojan1 Thanks for posting. We can definitely look into this for you and understand the urgency in getting this sorted. Please drop our social media team a message so we can investigate further. Just to make you aware, A default is recorded on your credit file for six years, even if you've paid it. After six years, the default on your credit file will disappear and no longer impact your credit file. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Janey

Hi @Emiliancojan1 Thanks for posting. We can definitely look into this for you and understand the urgency in getting this sorted. Please drop our social media team a message so we can investigate further. Just to make you aware, A default is recorded on your credit file for six years, even if you've paid it. After six years, the default on your credit file will disappear and no longer impact your credit file. 

japitts
5: Helper

Remember that paying the outstanding amount will not remove the default from your credit file. It will merely mark it as settled.