cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia3310 - Are they going to be brought back ?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Source : BBC News. 

Link > is-nokia-bringing-back-the-3310-and-who-would-want-a-retro-phone

I remember owning one of these robust phones. 

Bouncing off the floor with no issues. 

The battery lasting for days on end. Obviously taking into account what phones achieved then to what they achieve now. :Winking_smiley:

IMG_0935.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

13 REPLIES 13

hrym

As far as I can see, it's more like the last line of Nokia's Symbian-based feature phones than the original 3310 (which wasn't Symbian at all).   The shape is vaguely similar in the way that the BMW Mini is vaguely similar to the BMC/BL one.  I had an N78 which did calls, texts, email and the internet (sort-of).   It was controlled by function keys and a scroll pad: there was no touch screen and no apps in the way that we understand them now, though I did add the Opera Mini browser for some added functionality that had.

It was great for its day, but I wouldn't go back.  The attraction of the new 3310 seems to be for the retro market, though I've also seen it suggested as a festival phone (for the battery life - the N78 was good too) and for travelling abroad when you don't want immigration trawling through your private life.  Mainly though, I suspect it's a marketing ploy to get headline about Nokia coming back into the phone market.  They'll surely be hoping to make any real money on their Android devices, not this?  The pricing is keen enough to make it worthwhile as a second device, though.

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
I was in carphone warehouse last week and the guy l was talking to thinks the price of the new Nokia 3310 will be around £60 or less don't know we're he got this information from or it's right but if he is then l will definitely be getting one to use as a second phone

:robotmad:

i heard this news ages ago and i done a poem on this - its great news - a phone for what its meant for :heart:

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
I would love to see a new version of the 8210