main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

OneNumber for Alexa - incoming calls

4: Newbie

I have signed up to OneNumber. When someone now calls my phone number Alexa will ring too. However this happens even if I am not at home and it's driving my family crazy. How do I control it such that Alexa only rings when I am at home or by time of day?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

According to the blurb on the Vodafone website it says "You can manage which devices - and when those devices - should be called via your Alexa app." - but I cannot see anywhere in the app for controlling incoming calls!! Help!

View more options

Hey @butako, thanks for getting in touch. It's really great to hear you're using our new OneNumber service 😊

You can enable and disable different devices by going into your Alexa app and choosing: Settings > Communication > Vodafone, then enable/disable on selected devices.

When you pop out, you can disable your Alexa and stop driving your family mad now. Give this a try and let me know how you get on. 

View more options

Thanks for your reply. However I have multiple Alexa's in my home and it's really not practical to have to go into settings of each one every time i come and go from the house. That would be a lot of clicking! 

It would be an awesome enhancement if Alexa used presence detection to enable/disable incoming calls automatically. How do I raise an ehancement request ticket?

View more options

I appreciate this @butako, that's certainly a helpful suggestion. I've sent your feedback onto the project team in charge of the OneNumber x Alexa project, hopefully this is something we can implement. Ross  

View more options