Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNumber for Alexa - incoming calls

butako
4: Newbie

I have signed up to OneNumber. When someone now calls my phone number Alexa will ring too. However this happens even if I am not at home and it's driving my family crazy. How do I control it such that Alexa only rings when I am at home or by time of day?

6 REPLIES 6

butako
4: Newbie

According to the blurb on the Vodafone website it says "You can manage which devices - and when those devices - should be called via your Alexa app." - but I cannot see anywhere in the app for controlling incoming calls!! Help!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @butako, thanks for getting in touch. It's really great to hear you're using our new OneNumber service 😊

You can enable and disable different devices by going into your Alexa app and choosing: Settings > Communication > Vodafone, then enable/disable on selected devices.

When you pop out, you can disable your Alexa and stop driving your family mad now. Give this a try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks for your reply. However I have multiple Alexa's in my home and it's really not practical to have to go into settings of each one every time i come and go from the house. That would be a lot of clicking! 

It would be an awesome enhancement if Alexa used presence detection to enable/disable incoming calls automatically. How do I raise an ehancement request ticket?

Ross
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate this @butako, that's certainly a helpful suggestion. I've sent your feedback onto the project team in charge of the OneNumber x Alexa project, hopefully this is something we can implement. Ross  

Dear TJ,I have an issue with my alexa app,I can't even add or see vodafone icon on the communication settings in alexa app

I'm based in UK

Hi @Ajwirral1982, we would recommend that you check out our OneNumber for Alexa guide here. Let us know how you get on and if you manage to get connected 👍