Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receiving phone calls from Vodafone

Chk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting calls about my account bonuses. However when he asked for the first 2 numbers of my pin he conveniently misheard me and asked for the 2nd set of numbers just like that bank scam add. I refused and he said he'd note that he called me and hung up. Is this happening to anyone else? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beightonguru
6: Helper
How the official vodafone pin system works is the full code is not revealed to the advisors, there is 2 blank boxes that match up to the numbers they ask for. They have to enter two numbers and it has to fail before it changes the numbers requested so the customer can retry. If he misheard you, then he wouldnt have entered any numbers so he would have asked you to repeat the same numbers. This sounds like a scam call, so be careful.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

beightonguru
How the official vodafone pin system works is the full code is not revealed to the advisors, there is 2 blank boxes that match up to the numbers they ask for. They have to enter two numbers and it has to fail before it changes the numbers requested so the customer can retry. If he misheard you, then he wouldnt have entered any numbers so he would have asked you to repeat the same numbers. This sounds like a scam call, so be careful.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Chk@beightonguru is spot on here. It doesn't allow us to ask for different digits if we haven't entered them. If you're ever unsure, hang up the phone and call us back.