Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

charities.connected SIMs - changing number across SIMs

Iona_AbzFoyer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We distribute SIM cards to people support by our charity. These SIM cards are Vodafone's charities.connected SIM cards. They have free 40GB data, unlimited calls and texts for six months. A person I am supporting has come to the end of the six months and is in need of a second SIM but would like to keep their number from the first SIM card. Has anyone had an experience doing this?

The only support/methods I can find on Vodafone is moving to Vodafone from another place, changing from Monthly to PAYG or changing Monthly to PAYG. The SIM cards I think are technically PAYG but not sure. They are bundles of data each month.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

At the end of 6 months Vodafone will send a text message to the number advising the options to continue with the number, this will include details of PAYG and other options @Iona_AbzFoyer , there is information here : Charities Connected . Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to keep the same number on a new Charities Connected SIM.

If the account holder speaks to Vodafone through Customer Service channels or contacts the Social Team on this link Contact Us they will go through the options.

smithjohns403
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For retaining the number while getting a new SIM on Vodafone, try reaching out to their customer support for assistance.

AnnS

@smithjohns403 wrote:

For retaining the number while getting a new SIM on Vodafone, try reaching out to their customer support for assistance.

That's an incorrect answer.

A new SIM will come with a new number. If you had referred to the link for Charities Connected, it's only a free allowance for 6 months for the same number after this time it will be chargeable.