Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remove a forum thread from search engines

RocknRollTim
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Not sure whether this is the right place to place this but is there a way of removing a forum thread that is appearing on search engines such as Google? Or is it a case of completely closing the forum account in order to delete the forum thread? I wanted to amend one of my past forum threads that have been locked for sometime from the Archive Forums. I made the initial mistake of including my name at the time of when I hosted the thread and was hoping that there was a way on the forums to correct this problem.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @RocknRollTim - I've removed your name from the post :Smiling: It'll be moved to our private archives soon enough too, as it's five years old and wont be visible to the public any longer. If you'd like me to move it sooner, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you indicate which thread it was @RocknRollTim  ?

i.e was it the Gmail thread I helped you in that is now archived  ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team's should also be able to help too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ

Hi @RocknRollTim - I've removed your name from the post :Smiling: It'll be moved to our private archives soon enough too, as it's five years old and wont be visible to the public any longer. If you'd like me to move it sooner, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. 

@TJ  That's brilliant, if you could move it to the private archives rather than the public archives that would be great.  Again sorry for the delay in getting back. 🙂

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

@BandOfBrothers  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it was actually the Gmail thread that you helped me with which is now archived. Here is the link to the thread Solved: Remove Gmail Account on VF695 - Android KitKat - Community home (vodafone.co.uk).

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

Thought it was @RocknRollTim 

I asked the Social Media Team's to act upon your request after locating the thread you added your name into.

Good to hear they've acted upon this and made the edit. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.