Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Buds 2019 My review.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

l_10191095_004.jpg

After using Bose Bluetooth Headphones for listening to my music while commuting I decided that as they are not always convenient to carry around the new Samsung Buds caught my eye.

These are also IPX2 rated so I'm not so concerned about being caught in a rain shower. 

I chose them in Black.

They have a six hour reported usage time but time will tell from usage with the case itself offering another full charge.

There is a led light inside the case that shows what charge the earbuds have and a led light on the outside of the case to show its charging status.

The case can be charged via the supplied USB-C cable or via wireless charging. See attached picture of the Samsung Buds PillBox case sat on my Samsung Duo Charger. 20190322_174424.jpg

Because the earbuds have ear tips and wings the fit is really good and no amount of head shaking / running failed to dislodge them. The material the earbuds are made out of also helps to keep them comfy to wear for a longer period of time. 

The playback of music is loud and the bass and treble are more than ample for my user experience. 

Phone Call quality has been clear.

Edit _ indoors is clear but once your out and about it in a noisy environment the quality reduces unfortunately.

For Samsung / Android users the addition of the features in the Galaxy Wearables App offers further options in regards to equaliser options and options to choose what the touchpads do on either side.

These will work with iPhone users but you won't be able to use the Galaxy Wearables App as it not being available.

Either Bixby or Google Assistant can be chosen to be invoked or if used on an iPhone it'll use Siri.

The buds have a search mode feature if one or more is misplaced but they have to be connected to the phone to work.

The ambient sound feature to which a person long holds onto one of the touchpads you've assigned to the Rh or Lh earbud which lowers the music sound to let you hear them speak works really well or a person can set it to On all the time.

The quality of the materials and workmanship is top notch which is typical of Samsung.

Well worth the cost and even better for those who pick up a free White pair when purchasing one of the Samsung Galaxy s10 phones. Eligibility criteria applicable.

20190322_165452.jpg

20190322_165512.jpg

Final conclusion.

I sent these back for a refund due to call quality and weak bass.

I appreciate everyone's listening platform js different.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I love that the case can be charged, what a really cool piece of kit! If I upgrade to the S10 this time, I might have to treat myself ðŸ˜Š