Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spam email supposedly from Vodafone

BSM48
4: Newbie

I have received a spam email which appears to be from the Vodafone Community. It is actually selling cryptocurrencies. It has an email address similar to, but not the same as, the Community. I can find no way of reporting the offending email to Vodafone. Why not?

4 REPLIES 4

LeShay
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Same here! From some idiot labelled, as a Private message.  Is there anyway to report things like this?

Perpetrator:

LeShay_0-1614945078140.jpeg

LazyOwls

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LeShay & @BSM48 Thanks for raising this. We're already aware that some of members have received these messages. We've taken some steps to stop this happening again. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Quite a few sites have an address for forwarding/reporting spam etc. Why not Vodafone, especially since they're in the comms business with potentially very large audiences?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your concerns @BSM48, we have strict security steps in place to stop these message being received by our members. Unfortunately on this occasion a number of these got through. As soon as we were alerted to this we took the steps to prevent this going forward. I've been a member of the Social team here at Vodafone for a number of years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Rest assured we've taken every precaution available to prevent this happening again.