Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

This is the worst website ever

Worstwebsiteeve
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Someone, maybe up to a year ago registered vodaphone to MY email address. I am not them, they are 'Henry.'

I simply got messages such as "thanks for renewing your plan" for 9$, Henry.

My first reaction was to look around on the website for 'contact us'. At the time, whatever it was, it didn't exist. (It's not this current site) There was no way as far as I could tell to communicate to anyone about this issue without going to remarkable extensive lengths. There wasn't any email for me to respond to.

Okay. Now, henry has forgotten his password and is sending these dozens of recovery emails to me and i feel bad for him. I decided to go to the 'how can i help' page here. (This is a new type of email I hadn't seen before that led to this page)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us-b2/index.htm

it doesn't work. Just doesn't.

Whatever it is, please make this easy for henry and I. And this site is just utter garbage. Everything at every point has just been so absurdly stupidly badly worked out, that nothing in the entire process for me functions in the expected way. My only solution to get henry to fix this situation is to come here.

I realize that I can probably log into Henry's account but I'm not going to bother trying.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Worstwebsiteeve 

The link you've added does lead to Vodafone Uk which is Vodafone's Tobi Virtual Assistant that's in place to help with general issues.

To contact Vodafone UK Customer services then there is the options to ring 191 from phone with a Vodafone UK Sim card in or call 0333 3040191 or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I note you wrote " I simply got messages such as "thanks for renewing your plan" for 9$, Henry.

Is this a typo as the currency icon in the UK is £

I ask as the Vodafone name is used by many countries but they are not linked so one countries Vodafone Customer services can't access another's to help. A person needs to contact their own Vodafone Customer services and use their particular Forum.

You could mark the incoming emails as Spam so your not disturbed by them anymore.

I assume you checked when you started getting these emails as someone appears to have used your email that this wasn't a case of identity theft ?

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Worstwebsiteeve 

It looks like whoever Henry is he he is not a Vodafone UK customer at a guess this is Vodafone NZ and he has managed to register your email address to his account, probably just a mistype.

Due to all the data protections reasons wherever Henry has his account, there wouldn't be anything that can be done and as this is not your account Vodafone would be unable to communicate with you.  They wouldn't even know where to start to locate the account.

As this is just your email address, just mark the emails as spam and block the number, this should take care of things and stop the annoying emails.

Hopefully, Henry will soon realise his mistake and make the correction.

Wait just to recheck

"I assume you checked when you started getting these emails as someone appears to have used your email that this wasn't a case of identity theft ?"

Well, no, it looks like he registered his vodaphone account with my email address, forgot the password to it, and is now trying to recover it.

"They wouldn't even know where to start to locate the account."

And what do you mean? isn't it registered right at my email address?

Don't know where he's from, iirc UK but is there anything for me to do?

Hello @Worstwebsiteeve  again.

“ Well, no, it looks like he registered his vodaphone account with my email address, forgot the password to it, and is now trying to recover it. ”

Ok so if you don't believe identity theft is involved then that's good. I was just asking to be cautious that's all.

In my first reply I said “ You could mark the incoming emails as Spam so your not disturbed by them anymore “ Which is what you could do to move on from this.

Or i did suggest " call 0333 3040191 or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.  "

There isn't any accounts access from this forum my friend.

So it's upto you how you wish to proceed.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Worstwebsiteeve 

There is absolutely nothing that can be done by Vodafone or you to correct the email address.  Just mark them as spam and block the number.

This person is not even a Vodafone UK customer and there would be no point you contacting the UK network, this is not your account there is also no access to overseas accounts and no indication of the country where the account is held, plus Vodafone in whatever country the account is held would be in severe breech of data protection if the account holder was contacted without permission to access the account.