Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top 5 Christmas films?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As the dark nights draw in and we get closer to Christmas, I enjoy nothing more than chilling out on the sofa with a big tub of chocolates (preferably Celebrations) and watch a great Christmas film, my top 5 are:

Mark_0-1607441820038.jpeg

1 - Elf 

2 - Home Alone

3 - Gremlins

4 - Die Hard (which is a Christmas film. The only reason John Mclane's there is to spend Christmas with his family)

5 - The Snowman

Other close contenders are:  It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooged and The Polar Express.

What are your favourite Christmas films?

Have I got this right, or is there an obvious one I've overlooked?

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Ooooo, favourite Christmas films (probably not in any particular order, because I'll be here all day) 🎄

1. Muppets Christmas Carol

2. Jingle all the Way

3. Rise of the Guardians

4. The Grinch 

5. Nightmare Before Christmas 

TJ_0-1607442644177.png

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

No particular order but my 5 must see Christmas films, 

Its a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th Street (new version)

Love Actually 

The Holiday

Die Hard. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

My favourite Xmas film will always and forever be The Grinch! I used to be terrified of him as a child so when I was seven my Mum bought me a little make-up box and wrapped it in newspaper (intentionally badly) signed from the Grinch. I'd been asking for said gift for about 6 months, so I immediately declared him my new best friend. Every year since then I've received a present from "the Grinch" without fail ❤️

Beyond that:

• The Holiday because Jack Black
  • Nightmare Before Christmas because Tim Burton
  • Love Actually because as much as I will never forgive Alan Rickman for breaking Emma Thompson's heart, Martine McCutcheon is adorable
  • Home Alone because "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!"

Number one will have to be Arthur Christmas! This is on in our house almost daily over the Christmas period! Followed by: 

2 - Elf

3 - Batman Returns (Yes it's a Christmas Movie 😁)

4 - Home Alone 

5 - The Grinch 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

The number one spot would have to go to..... Edward Scissorhands (it snows therefore it's a Christmas film), then closely followed by this festive bunch:

Gremlins
Love actually
Grinch
Elf