Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Operations

RS-Woking
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I understand that Vodafone might move their UK operations after the Brexit vote. If they do, I will certainly close my account with Vodafone and does anyone else agree with me?

13 REPLIES 13

catean
10: Established

As we probably need to move and get jobs on the continent, I would stay with them for the cheap roaming :Smiling: .

P.S. Ohh no, the cheap roaming is due to EU regulations.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

And move to a network owned by companies in the EU or China? What does that achieve for anyone.

Lots of companies will move out of the UK. It's a natural result of the referendum result.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

ad47uk
4: Newbie

I agree, it would not take much for me to go to another company anyway, I am on that verge. One reason I stay is because it is the most British network, all the others started in other countries. If Vodafone moves, then I may as well just use another network.

catean

EE is now owned by BT...

Theakstone
12: Established
12: Established
I agree with the OP. Probably go to Tesco.

jeffkinn

@Theakstone wrote:
I agree with the OP. Probably go to Tesco.

Which runs on a Spanish owned network!!!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

To register a protest against possible 15,000 job losses. I also get very poor signal coverage at home and elsewhere. BT may be an option.

jeffkinn
Moving the corporate headquarters to an EU country wouldn't involve 15,000 job losses or anything close to that. But this country has to accept that post Brexit a whole range of international companies may well move out of the EU or start-up operations inside the EU to run alongside their domestic businesses. This is especially true of financial services companies who are already flocking to Luxembourg and Dublin to explore the possibilities there.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png