Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Operations

RS-Woking
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I understand that Vodafone might move their UK operations after the Brexit vote. If they do, I will certainly close my account with Vodafone and does anyone else agree with me?

13 REPLIES 13

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@RS-Woking wrote:

To register a protest against possible 15,000 job losses.

If you always stop using a provider / servicve to vote in protest at job losses I assume that over the last 12 months you have not used

British Rail.HSBC

Barclays Bank.

Lloyds Bank RSB

The Post Offoice

Ford

Nissan

Sainsbury's

Tesco

Waitrose

John Lewis

M&S

Hewlitt Packard

BT

BP

British Airways

Morrisons

London Underground

NHS

to name but a few.

It's not the same comparison. This is about Brexit and the numbers were published in the papers. The crap coverage I get from Vodafone is another incentive. I don't wish to get into a game of ping ping and will not reply to more responses.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Believing what you read in papers is probably the first thing to think about changing.

Brexit will force lots of companies out of the UK - it's inevitable.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

If anything moves, it would be the Group operation (based in London), which is the overarching body that manages all the national ones that actually control the networks.  There's no reason to suppose that Vodafone UK would do anything other than stay in Newbury.  You're unlikely to notice any difference.   And your phone won't suddenly start taking foreign.

Amazon would be a good analogy.   It's European HQ is in Luxembourg.  However, that doesn't mean that stuff you buy comes from there.