Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone's Blocking of Public IP/Domain Name Causes Company Disruption

fyllon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, Vodafone is arbitrarily blocking my company's domain name and public IP claiming it's because of adult content.  I trust this is done inadvertently, since there is no adult content whatsoever posted on my company's site.

Unfortunately, Vodafone's erroneous blocking is causing havoc to my company and employees who cannot access our resources via Vodafone's 4G.  We're considering leaving Vodafone and joining another mobile operator unless Vodafone resolves the mistake.  The domain and IP in question are:

fyllon.com --> 212.159.22.34

Can you please get back to me with a resolution to this ASAP, otherwise I'll have no option but to move our mobile telephony and data services to another network.

Thanks,

Fyllon Papadopoulos

2 REPLIES 2

Steph

Hey @fyllon I hope you're well. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this will be. So I can get this raised for you I just need a little more information. 

Do you have Vodafone SecureNet or the Content Controls active? Do you know which one of these is blocking the site access? 

Could you please pop me over a link to the site or the full web address? 

When you try to load the site on the Vodafone network, do you get any kind of error message?

Hi Steph, the problem caused by Vodafone is explained here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Why-are-ssl-certs-being-broken-by-vodafines-...

I am running SSL/IPSec encryption on my servers, which rely on certificates.  These certificates are broken by Vodafone's content control.

I have no way of disabling content control on my account - the app doesn't allow me.  Please make sure you disable it on your end.  My mobile number, to which the content control is applied, is [REMOVED].

Thanks,

Fyllon

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]