Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is Vodafone blocking www.qrone.com?

joaossilva
2: Seeker

Vodafone are currently blocking www.qrone.com and also share.qrone.com. This website is not malicious in any way, so can you please look into it?

Many thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Jason

Hi @joaossilva. I've checked both of the URL's in question using VirusTotal and I can see that they're being flagged as Malware/Malicious by multiple security vendors. 

joaossilva

Thanks, Jason. Well, it's currently flagged by 3 vendors out of 70, and we are disputing this with all of them. No other UK network is blocking our site (which you can see for yourself, is completely innocuous/harmless). But Vodafone blocking it is causing all sorts of problems from a business standpoint. Can you please reassess your position?

I completely understand and fully take on board your response. However, whether it's 1 or 10 security vendors flagging a URL as Malware/Malicious, our Network team cannot review and/or reclassify if it isn't marked as 'Clean' by vendors.

If Vodafone users are still unable to access the URLs after this has been resolved with all of the security vendors, pop back and we'll get this raised. 

joaossilva

Good morning, Jason. We've now succeeded in our discussions with Bitdefender and G-Data. They have recognised their categorisation was incorrect and you can see from VirusTotal that the site is deemed Clean from these two vendors. This means that out of the 89 vendors, only one - CyRadar - still flags qrone.com. We are trying to reach out to them, but this seems to be a small player out of Vietnam and not easy to get in touch with. Can I please ask you to reassess your position now that there is only one red flag (and from a minor vendor) out of 89? Thank you

Hi again @joaossilva - Thanks for the update regarding this. I'm afraid we would not be able to reclassify the URL until it is marked "Clean" by all vendors. We'd advise getting in touch with CyRadar to ensure this is sorted. Thanks for understanding! 

joaossilva

Thanks, Amy. I'm trying to, but unlike other outfits CyRadar seem to be unreachable. There must be a way to progress this. It makes no sense that my business is held hostage by an obscure provider with no customer service and that no one really knows!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @joaossilva  - I can see it's now showing as cleared. I've now raised this to be reviewed by our Support teams and one of us will let you know as soon as there's an update. This is logged under reference INC000005057677. 

Perfect, Gemma. Many thanks!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joaossilva - You're welcome 😊