Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong Caller ID

davidludlow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.  I have a Nokia Android and the caller ID is somehow now showing completely wrong information about me.  Why would this happen and how do I go about getting it changed back to show my real name etc rather than: "Naturist Massage"?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @davidludlow 

Can you elaborate a little more please.

Make sure your contacts are not duplicated as this can cause conflict.

If you ring or text someone does your number or name not show up in their phone or is it when someone calls / texts you ?

Has anything recent happened like a software update ?

What model of Nokia phone are you using ?

A Google Search does return some information if you wish to perform a search yourself if you haven't already.

Perhaps try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

And check any and all relevant settings.

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/Turn-your-own-caller-identification-on-or-off. 

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens ?

Live Chat or Customer Services on 191 can check your account as well can the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

If a Sim Swap is needed then any Vodafone Highstreet Store can do this but take some photo ID or Customer Services can send a blank sim card and then perform a sim swap at home.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

bug-in-nokia-software-shows-wrong-caller-id is an older thread I can see via a search.

And Wrong Incoming Caller Id on Windows Phone. 

I can't see anything about "Naturist Massage"

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hiya] Re: Naturist Massage DAVID is not quite right. No idea how this happened but now I phone someone who reads this message and they wont answer my call.
Hiya <support hiyahelp.zendesk.com>
Wed 29/07/2020 19:52
Your request (220156) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
Chris (Hiya)
Jul 29, 2020, 12:51 PM PDT
Hello,
The data has now been successfully removed.
It is possible that it might still be visible for you. If you are seeing the data on your app it might be because it is still stored in your cache. If you are seeing the data on a search engine it's because the search results are managed by the search engine, and cached results stay up for a while after they have been removed.
Your system will eventually update and remove the results, but there might be a delay of up to a few days. We hope that this answer helps, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Chris
Hiya Support Team

hrym

It sounds as though this is app (not sure what HIYA is) rather than device-related.   If you phone someone, the network would normally identify you by the number associated with your SIM.   The recipient would only see your name if they have your details in their contacts.

AnnS

Hi @davidludlow 

It sounds like you have installed the Hiya call blockng application, the app is available from the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webascender.callerid&hl=en_GB As you are using a Nokia phone, Nokia could also have their own call blocking application in conjunction with Hiya.

Try going through your apps on the phone settings, if the app is listed try uninstalling and removing all traces of the app from your phone, this may solve your problem.  If you still continue to have problems a factory reset of the phone may be necessary to clear out any bugs.